Who can get a free Flu vaccine?
You can get the flu vaccine for free if you're in an at-risk group.
The list below is who can avail of a free influenza vaccine from the HSE.
You do not have to be from East Cork, have a local GP ( or even any GP) to avail of this HSE initiative.
These include those who:
- Anyone from 6 months to 64 years with increased risk*
- anyone 65 years of age or older.
- Pregnant women - of any gestation.
- children aged 2 to 12 years of age.
- Healthcare workers including GP staff, Nursing Home staff.
- Carers or household contacts of people with increased risk.
- are in regular contact with pigs, poultry or waterfowl.
* Am I at increased medical risk?
You are in an at-risk group if you have / are:
- Heart Condition.
- Liver Disease.
- Neurological Disease.
- Cancer patient - or was within last 5 years.
- Diabetes Mellitus.
- Kidney Disease.
- Lung disease.
- Have a weak immune system ( immunosuppression) from medication, treatments or illness.
- Reside in a nursing home or other long-term care facility
- Obese and have a BMI of over 40.
- Have no spleen.
- Are on long term aspirin.
- Down Syndrome.
- Any condition which can compromise breathing function.